2017 - BASCA British Composer Award for Innovation.
2017 – ‘The Composer’s Fund’ PRS for Music Foundation.
2016 - London Music Masters Award.
2011 – ‘Women Make Music’ PRS for Music Foundation.
2010 - BASCA British Composer Awards: Sonic Art Category shortlist.
2010 - Theodore Holland Intercollegiate Conservatoire Composition Prize.
2009 - Royal Philharmonic Society Composition Award.
2009 - Elgar Memorial Prize.
2008 - Cobbett & Hurlstone Award.
2004 - BBC/Guardian Young Composer of the year.
- 'Zohra' - for Amplified Violin and Turntable Manipulation
- 'Photek Remix on Mini Oramics Machine' - for Mini Oramics Machine and modifed Turntable (built by Tom Richards)
- 'Composition no.1' - acoustic, electronic, turntables and mixed media.
- 'Still Point’ – Daphne Oram (1949, realised by Shiva Feshareki & James Bulley) for double Orchestra, treated instrumental recordings, microphones and discs, performed at the Royal Albert Hall for the BBC Proms.
- 'The System (rework)' – with installation artist Haroon Mirza, for videos, LEDs and turntables. Premiered at Zabludowicz Collection, London.
- ‘O’ – for re-structured orchestra, organ and turntables. Premiered by Shiva Feshareki, Kit Downes and Aarhus Symphony Orchestra at Musikhuset Aarhus, Denmark.
- ‘GABA-analogue’ – for deconstructed spatialised orchestra & electronic dance break. Premiered by Shiva Feshareki and London Contemporary Orchestra at Printworks, London.
- ‘Still Point’ – Daphne Oram (1949, realised by Shiva Feshareki & James Bulley), for double orchestra, 5 microphones, 3 78 RPM discs, commissioned by the Southbank Centre.
- ‘The Calling’ - with Haroon Mirza, for soprano, prepared turntables, amplified cello, UGKI, volunteers, lamps, transistor radios, tables, PA system, projector, wooden screen (4X7ft), LEDs, control box, speaker cone wood, metal stand, light bulb, glass cabinet, cabling, remote control socket, electronics. Text by Laura Marling (25mins approx). Premiered at Barbican Art Gallery.
- ‘Volcano Diaries’ - with Haroon Mirza, for E flat, B Flat, bass and contrabass Clarinet, soprano, organ, video, LEDs and prepared turntables (45mins approx). Premiered at Union Chapel Islington.
- ‘Revolutions dethrone kings and enthrone columns and watering cans’ - for piano, turntables, trumpet, cello, clarinet and voice. Premiered at Kettle's Yard Cambridge.
- 'For Jack (Volcano)' - LED torch, light-sensitive oscillators (aka "box of joy"), korg kaoss pad, “classic record” vinyl disc and turntable. Premiered at Kettle's Yard Cambridge.
- 'Volcano’- for four turntables and LED circuit. Premiered at Casa Fiorucci, Italy 2014.
- 'State/Jam/Reflect' - for two cellos, clarinet, Bass Clarinet and French Horn. Premiered at Shoreditch House.
- '12 graphic scores for 12 solo instruments. Inspired by children's fantasy, for children' - Royal College of Music.
- 'A surround-sound piece for 8 prepared turntables, 9 instruments, video, and LEDs' - Preview by London Sinfonietta at the ICA London.
- -'The Uncanny, Uncertainty' - for Piano Quintet.
- -'The Strangest Flavour' - for Chamber Orchestra.
- -'Gabby's Light' - for Electronics.
- -'Manic Pixie Dream Girl - for Clarinet and Piano -- premiered at Queen Elizabeth Hall, by Max Welford and Katherine Tinker.
- "Connect/Connect" - for graphic score, and platform noise recording simultaneously. performed by Trains on Platform and Shiva Feshareki at Hackney Downs.
- "NYC: Born 1702" - for Handbells of the Whitechapel Bell Foundry. Performed by Endorpha percussion ensemble. Denis Severs' House, Spitalfields Music festival.
- "departing in piece, arriving with love" - for solo clarinet. Performed by Mark van de Wiel. Kings Place, London.
- "Valentine's Rhapsody" - for Bass Clarinet, French Horn, Violin, Cello and Piccolo. Performed by London Sinfonietta. Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- "jack of all trades" - for 6 pianos and 6 kaoss pads. Performed by Piano Circus. Tramway, Glasgow.
- 'GHKonzert - the retro'" - for Nintendo Guitar Hero and Mixed Ensemble. Virtual Youtube Concert.
- "out of sorts" - for String Octet. Performed by the London Philharmonia. Royal Festival Hall.
- "critical delusions" - for cello, multi-percussion and turntables. Performed by G Project. The Forge Arts Centre, Camden.
- "today, i stepped back" - for cello duet. Performed by Natalie Clein and Thomas Carrol. Ulverston Music Festival, Lake District.
- "schizophrenic two" - for Solo Piano. Performed by Michael Ierace. Cadogan Hall, London.
- "outroversions" - for alto saxophone.
- "TTKonzert" - for 4 Turntables, Kaoss Pad, Sax Quartet and Large Orchestra. Performed by Shiva Feshareki and the London Contemporary Orchestra, Roundhouse, London.
- "critical distortions" - for solo cello and 2 turntables. Performed by Natalie Clein and Shiva Feshareki at Bath International Music Festival.
- "on the 12th floor" - for violin, cello, clarinet and piano.
- "insistent distortions" (using amy winehouse 'love is a losing game') - chamber orchestra. Performed by the National Youth Chamber Orchestra of Great Britain, Chelthenham Music Festival.
- "dancefloor distortions" - for chamber orchestra + bass guitar. Performed by The London Philharmonic Orchestra - Queen Elizabeth Hall.
- "she cried" - for untrained female voice. Recorded by Mica Levi @ RCM Studios.
- "she cried" - for solo bass flute. Performed by Carla Rees. St Leonard's Church, Shoreditch, London.
2006-2009: Royal College of Music -- Scholar under Mark-Anthony Turnage; BMus(hons) in composition, Distinction for portfolio.
2012-2015: BSc(hons) in Psychology, 2:1.
2013-2016: Royal College of Music – DMus, practice-based doctoral research in experimental and collaborative composition.
Live performances & residencies
2018: VAC Foundation, Moscow Museum of Modern Art - Live Turntable Composition
2018: BBC Proms, Royal Albert Hall - Turntable Solo for 'Still Point' by Daphne Oram
2018: The Pumphouse, Aldeburgh Festival - Live Turntable Composition
2018: Hyperreality, Vienna - Live Improvisation for club context, with Kit Downes (amplified piano) and Shiva Feshareki (turntables).
2018: Saturnalia, Milan -Live Ambient Turntable Composition.
2018: BBC 6 with Lauren Lavern - Live Turntable Demo.
2018: Skissernas Museum, Lund - Live Turntable Composition.
2018: Nikolaj Kunsthall, Copenhagen - Activating Haroon Mirza's Installation 'Dancing with the Unknown' using live Turntable performance.
2018: Resolution London - Live Turntable Composition in diffused surround-sound.
2017: Printworks, London – DJ set.
2017 & 2018: RESIST, Belfast – Live Turntable Composition.
2017: Aarhus Festuge, Denmark.
2017: MUTEK, Montreal.
2017: Uniqlo Tate Lates, London.
2014/15/16: NTS Radio Dalston - DJ.
2016: ‘Deep Minimalism’, Southbank Centre –world premiere of Daphne Oram’s Still Point (1949) feat London Contemporary Orchestra (realized by Shiva Feshareki and James Bulley).
2015: ‘Station to Station’, Barbican Centre – feat. Shiva Feshareki, Factory Floor and Haroon Mirza.
2014: Forget Amnesia, Volcano Extravaganza, Stromboli, Italy -- feat. Django Django, Shiva Feshareki and James Lavelle, curated by Haroon Mirza.
2011: Spitalfields Festival.
2011: Bird’s Eye View Festival.
2010: Ulverston Music Festival: Featured Composer in Residence.
2010: Reverb at Roundhouse.
2009: Cheltenham Festival.
2008: Cambridge International.
2008: Bath International.
2005-6: National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain: Principal Composer in Residence.
2018: Southbank Queen Elizabeth Hall Concrete Lates - Shiva Feshareki Takeover w/ M.E.S.H., E.M.M.A. & Coby Sey.
2017: ‘OCCAM River XV’ – commissioning and contextualizing new acoustic compositions by Eliane Radigue and Lee Gamble at Great Masson Cave, Derbyshire.
2017: Audio/visual turntabling workshop with primary school children from Lambeth Borough at Prince of Wales.
2015: Union Chapel bespoke project director, with thanks to Arts Council England and Frieze - “Colin Alexander, Shiva Feshareki and Haroon Mirza feat. Kit Downes and Southbank Gamelan Players”.
2015: Mentor on collaborative creative schemes at University of East London at the Aquatics Centre with ‘UFest’, ‘Bigga Fish’ and ‘Sound and Music’.
2015: Creative-Music Coach at Sound and Music ‘Go Compose!' scheme -- Young Composers Courses and Summer Music School for 14-18 year olds.
2013-2015: Organising bespoke music events with East London Fawcett Society (ELF).
2014: "Biomechanic/Composer Collaboration" -- collaboration between biomechanic scientist Dr Stuart Miller and Shiva Feshareki: Processing muscle frequency into live and organic electro acoustic music.
2013-14: "The Bramley School Project": a collaboration between Bramley Primary School, Royal College of Music Junior Department and Shiva Feshareki -- Writing music inspired by the fantasy work of school girls, to inspire young girls to compose.
2013-14: "Blue Touch Paper": a 50 minute large-scale spatial work for 8 turntables, installation, controlled psychoacoustics and large ensemble. In collaboration with installation artist Haroon Mirza and the London Sinfonietta.
2011-12: "The Guitar Hero Project" GH Konzert’ for Guitar Hero Nintendo +mixed ensemble -- collaboration with youtuber ‘Freddiew'.
2006-2008: Leading composition workshops for GCSE music students.
Talks, Speeches, and Professional Engagements
2018: Brighter Sounds: Both Sides Now – Director.
2017: BASCA British Composer Awards -- judging panel.
2017: Artist Panel Discussion for Sound and Music ‘Nordic Music Days’ – discussion on DIY methods of working.
2017: BBC Radio 3 Late Junction – guest presenter.
2016: BBC Radio 4 Woman’s Hour – talking about the work of Daphne Oram.
2014: East London Fawcett Group, Women in Contemporary Music Panel - Shoreditch House.
2014: PRSF judging panel.
2013: BASCA British Composer Awards judging panel.
2012: Artscouncil UK in association with BBC Salford: “Artists Changing the World” speech.
Teaching and Academia
2017-2018: Purcell School of Music – Projects-based Composer Residency in composition faculty.
2017: London College of Communications Sonic Art Department– guest lecture on my compositional practice.
2016-2017 – Royal Academy of Music Junior Academy – Composition and General Musicianship professor.
2017: Kingston University Art and Design Department – Seminar on my compositional practice.
2017: Northampton University Popular Music Department – Semniar on my compositional practice.
2016: Science Museum & Leeds University – ‘Alternative Histories of Electronic Music’ International Conference. Presenting: “Daphne Oram: Still Point”.
2016: Royal College of Music seminars and deputy teaching.
2015: City University Music Department guest seminars.
2014: Reading University - Research Presentation at the 'Children's Musical Worlds' Conference with SEMPRE (Society for Education, Music and Psychology Research). Presenting: "Writing music inspired by the fantasy-world of children”.
2014: Central Saint Martins "offering rites" talk and seminar, with David Toop.
2011: Brunel University research seminar in Sonic Art.